Friday, November 17, 2023

Breath - Taking

I eat, sing, dance, laugh, cry and sweat.
It doesn’t really matter whether I’m moving or at rest.
As a man of the world there are so many goals to be met.
“Your lungs work fine” the words of my last cigarette.

Subtle and silent, thou art master; giver.
A ghost without color, so much subtle power!
Breaking shore incessantly, no respite for life's lover 
The engine of my life; better - my fuel for ever? 

Multiple deceptive forms- amorous as hell, 
You spell life for animal, plant and microbe as well.
The common factor, our impartial bell.
Fools muse: the primacy of men!

The rightful father of language: you carry our each word.
Oblivious humans think not much of your worth!
Draped in our immortal language Gods; merely mortal souls.

So I take you for granted until it becomes evident.
Usually at the battlefield stretcher or the hospital bed.
While running for one’s life or chasing fate.
The ignorance of a lifetime O breath: is met at death.
Coming as you wish and leaving as you please.
Thou are second to none in the bazaar of beings.

9 comments:

  1. Profound and relevant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Words I wish I shared with my last cigerette "-mukesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well-written and Original ! Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder Full Word's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bazaar of being, so true. Life is nothing but a formality of occurrence. Thanks you sharing the beautiful words :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahot hard, bahot hard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one Dr.

    “Your lungs work fine” the words of my last cigarette :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When is the book coming, sir? I WOULD BUY IT! - Mahek sachdeva

    ReplyDelete